[hatari-devel] Falcon raster emulation

I have started using timer-b on the Falcon to change the video base address, which provides split-screen for my game's status bar.. It's a useful way to cheaply update random bits of the status bar under double-buffering without having to duplicate those changes between buffers (expensive in truecolour, and it seems to happen a lot in this game).

Obviously this trick doesn't work in Hatari at the moment - the display is converted independent of time-critical events and rasters get missed.

So I'd like to know if Falcon emulation is likely to go down to the scanline-level in future to emulate effects like this? On the one hand I don't want to write code for emulators - but on the other hand I don't want to do stuff that lots of people will never be able to use because Hatari is all they have.

(It could be solved by implementing a second code path which handles the status bar in double-buffered form but I'd rather not if I can avoid it)