Re: [hatari-devel] IKBD regression with EmuTOS

On 10/02/2013 21:48, Thomas Huth wrote:

  Hi!

Am Sun, 10 Feb 2013 15:16:50 -0500
schrieb "Roger Burrows" <rfburrows@xxxxxxxxx>:

According to the IKBD specs from Atari, sending 0x80 0x01 resets the
keyboard, which performs a self-test.  If the test is successful, the
ikbd will return a code of 0xF0 within 300ms.

That must be an old spec file... The lowest nibble in that byte
actually tells you the version number of the IKBD ROM. Only very early
STs (I guess the 520 series?) returned 0xF0, all newer versions return
0xF1 instead (IIRC I also saw this on my 1040 STf).

Hi,

my old 520 STF, single side drive version from 1986, returns 0xF1, so maybe it was the very early 520 with external rom on floppy that returned 0xF0 ?