|Re: [hatari-devel] Building Hatari from sources|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Building Hatari from sources
- From: Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:06:39 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=hvz+cbL/8Ck00sBZgeGAh6ZwggULyM7Q6aXbQLAE5i4=; b=Io6Roy1Yn//Qdoy6qW1FHKkLxpYZRzHju33H6eeoTSEH+aaeMW9R3CmMF5SNPfN4tE ooLgNjp2yjjhhBN5aoNePn+rhJ07AOiWZqPPvi5OQg6Kx6bfIHI9gnaoz1kkTpmWg1gF 9sNVUP9yCdkJ1H11gELKcjZw+6UmSUKjPmqxexg1nI8eWmmHr1fmdBxhfYE/WU8wg1+Q rbzHb3LtMK0Ym5OWHn8vRE7R452Jr00nlUV/kz71VoP2wEEwHc107nObYUCOXS8oFAfj 4SehIdqPQBnHHuhXqbdscoVH0kmjL6cGS2mg4t1Idmwp5R/7NmL/02y1nQU5W3yf+45L 1uXg==
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the people who are most desperate for this are using Windows
> and OSX because building Hatari for Linux is (as I described) pretty
Yes, and no. I have no trouble compiling (and using) hatari on my
Ubuntu machine. But if I set up some kind
of a build system, I want everybody, not only Ubuntu and Debian users
to be able to use the binary.
On my Mac I use something called Homebrew which handles sdl and cmake.
(I don't use the Hatari.App) - but again, if other users wants to use
"my" binary, they also need to have the same setup as me.
Staticy linking would take care of that.
> Windows binaries can be built on Linux too, I think Nicolas
> had some examples about how to do that.
Yeah, I do that myself as well. But I use mingw-w64 (which also can
create 32bit binaries and libraries) to achive the same thing.
>> is it possible to build hatari staticly?
> I don't think Hatari CMake files have any specific support for that.
> If nothing else helps, just do the final linker invocation manually
> and specify static libraries for SDL etc.
I don't want to do any hacks that is not supported.
I'll se what I can do during this week.