Re: [hatari-devel] One bug, one warning, one :)

On Monday 12 November 2012 13:41, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 21:46, David Savinkoff wrote:
> > I always get a few warnings with hatari, I didn't want to add a new one..
> >
> > [ 16%] Building C object src/falcon/CMakeFiles/Falcon.dir/dsp.c.o
> > hatari.4137/src/falcon/dsp.c: In function ‘DSP_GetRegisterAddress’:
> > hatari.4137/src/falcon/dsp.c:479: warning: dereferencing type-punned
> > pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [ 18%] Building C object
> > src/falcon/CMakeFiles/Falcon.dir/dsp_cpu.c.o
> > hatari.4137/src/falcon/dsp_cpu.c: In function ‘dsp_pm_4’:
> > hatari.4137/src/falcon/dsp_cpu.c:3674: warning: ‘save_ly’ may be used
> > uninitialized in this function hatari.4137/src/falcon/dsp_cpu.c:3674:
> > warning: ‘save_lx’ may be used uninitialized in this function
>
> BTW, I used the attached file you sent, and it didn't have the end of
> line on the last line ; so you're the culprit :)

Telus (my internet provider) has not mastered email despite being an
old telephone company with landlines cellphones and 'HDTV over
telephone modem'. One of Telus' internet core incompetencies is to
convert C code, patches, and header file attachments to DOS for that
other crufty operating system. It looks like your dos2unix is
revolting. The attachment I received ended in 0D 0A and the attachment
in the hatari-devel archive ends with 0A.
http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel/2012/10/msg00099.html

> > Hatari 1.6.0, STE and STF works fine with these ROMs.
> > Latest Hatari reliably fails in all cases, as mentioned above.
> >
> > I've only ever used hextracker 0.837 and these ROMs.
> > I have never tried tos 1.04.
> > I'm using Emulated Gemdos drive G.
>
> Can't reproduce this with your settings ; I tried STF and STE mode and
> tos 2.06 us. Mouse never stopped working.
> The TOSes you're using are 60 Hz TOS, any reason for that ?
Not really.

I'm having problems with:
TOS206uk (50Hz)
TOS206us (60Hz)
etos256us CVS-2012-08-13 (60Hz) !

> Can you try with TOS 1.04 ?

TOS 1.04 has the same new problem ... 'plain as day' for me.

> Are you locking the mouse with alt+m ? (in my case it worked with and
> without locking the mouse)

alt+m does what it is supposed to, but the mouse has the same new
problem on newer Hatarii.
Note that I am aware of screen grabbing and fullscreen mouse behavior
in Hextracker ... This new problem is unrelated.

I'll try to find when the problem occurred (this may take some time)

David

PS:
*** I just built hatari-1.6.2 and it works, so the problem is not my
build environment.

On Monday 12 November 2012, Eero wrote:

> Which GCC version you have?
$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-52)

> Do you have the same problem also in fullscreen mode?
Yes. (not the problem AFAIK)

> What you're using for drives C-F?
Nothing. I sometimes use a disk image in this range.
I have not had any problems from doing this.
(not the problem AFAIK)