Re: [hatari-devel] One bug, one warning, one :)

Le 13/11/2012 01:34, David Savinkoff a écrit :

BTW, I used the attached file you sent, and it didn't have the end of
line on the last line ; so you're the culprit :)

Telus (my internet provider) has not mastered email despite being an
old telephone company with landlines cellphones and 'HDTV over
telephone modem'. One of Telus' internet core incompetencies is to
convert C code, patches, and header file attachments to DOS for that
other crufty operating system. It looks like your dos2unix is
revolting. The attachment I received ended in 0D 0A and the attachment
in the hatari-devel archive ends with 0A.
http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel/2012/10/msg00099.html

This is very strange, if I save the attachment from thunderbird and open it with hex editor, lines end with 0A (not 0D) and there's no 0A on the last line.

Encoded attachment has this header

If I save the attachment from thunderbird, I don't have the last end of line ; if I save it with another mail reader, I get 0d 0a end of lines and the last end of line.

This has nothing to do with dos2unix, I think that as you say telus must be messing with attachments by sending them in a non conformant format that changes end of line depending on the mail reader.

To ensure file is received unaltered, I would suggest to gzip them before attaching.