Re: [hatari-devel] Problem with SCSI initiator command register

Le 07/06/2012 08:00, Uwe Seimet a écrit :
Hi,

Uwe, could you maybe add some printf debugging code to the end of
MFP_TimerCData_ReadByte() in mfp.c to see whether IoMem[0xfffa23] really
does not change there?

I added the debug code, with an interesting result. The timer values are
decremented indeed, but my code still does not work. I stripped my code
down to a few lines, this is the result:

	move.l #12000,d1
wait1:	tst.b $fffffa23
	bpl wait1
wait2:	tst.b $fffffa23
	bmi wait2
	subq.l #1,d1
	bne wait1
	illegal

The illegal instruction is never executed, the code appears to loop
endlessly. With a real Atari TT and Falcon it works, but with Hatari it
seems as if test.b does not work when applied to the timer data
register.

Take care

Uwe

Hello

what are the initial value for ffffa23 and its control register ?

Would you be able to compile a small .prg with this loop so I could run it under Hatari and look at the traces ?

(the problem could be when ffa23 loops from 0 to its starting value, this transition might not be accurate in Hatari)