Re: [hatari-devel] WinUAE settings for different machine types

On tiistai 22 toukokuu 2012, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> > IMO, we should have Hatari with some default settings that ensure
> > maximum accuracy (that is, the less possible troubles for a user who
> > just want to load a disk and don't care for the config options).
> > If the user later wants to use less cpu, that it will be up to him to
> > disable accurate options (cpu, lower sound freq, ...)
>
> To complete this mail, I think we should set bCompatibleCpu=TRUE to
> default, but don't change it when the user change the machine type.

Actually, WinAUE seems to assert for 68000:
----
Building CPU, 44316 opcodes (0 1 1)
CPU=68000, FPU=0, MMU(040)=0, JIT=0.
hatari: /home/eero/work/hatari/src/cycInt.c:378:
CycInt_AddRelativeInterruptWithOffset: Assertion `CycleTime >= 0' failed.
----

Unless one explicitly sets bCompatibleCpu=FALSE / --compatible no
before starting Hatari.

It needing different value for different CPU types even to start,
is really problematic because config file will always override built-in
default (which can change based on machine type).