Re: [hatari-devel] emutos 0.8.5 not working ?

Le 21/12/2011 15:45, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
I think it would be useful to have a *release* version (that doesn't
depend on the compile date) at a fixed offset.

Sure.

Regarding to the initial problem, it would be fine to fix Hatari to
accurately emulate memory banks mirroring like real ST hardware so
EmuTOS 0.8.5 will work fine.

BTW I would prefer that everyone switches to the latest EmuTOS release
(actually 0.8.6) which fixes a lot of problems.

Of course, it would be the best solution that Hatari works as a real Atari, but that's not the case for now. So we need to have workaround to warn the user, either automatically (which doesn't seem possible so far due to the lack of a version string in emutos) or in the doc.

Problem is that as you know, not everyone read the doc.

Also, if next Hatari version will include 0.8.6, people that work directly from the source might not be aware of the new versions of emutos, so not everyone will switch to 0.8.6.