Re: [gluon] Gluon translated by KDE's translation teams?

Am Dienstag, 30. März 2010 00:40:21 schrieb Arjen-Wander Hiemstra:
> On Tuesday 30 March 2010 00:11:24 Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> >
> >   As Sacha already mentioned, Gluon Creator and the as-of-yet not created
> > Gluon Player for KDE (which will be a plasmoid) are the only items with
> > strings needing translation. The other parts of the framework are pure
> > libraries with no user-visible output (that is, all the output from the
> > libraries is debug output, and as such not translated from what i
> > understand about KDE in general... please do correct me on this, however,
> > in case i am wrong :) )
>
> Actually, the current Qt-based player also has a few strings, it uses Qt's
> tr() method however and not KDE Localized strings.
>
> >   We do, however, have JLP (Jure Repinc) with us, who's a KDE translator.
> > So, we do have someone from the kde l10n side on this, though he through
> > the last while (due to the rather heavy development which has been going
> > on) has not been so active with us. Hopefully that will change, though,
> > for example with him helping us out with the translatable strings... We're
> > getting close to the first alpha release, so immediately after this
> > release would probably be a good time to get together and talk about this
> > :)
> >

> As Leinir already said, once we're done with the alpha (any moment now! :p) is
> a good time to do these kinds of things. I personally would like Gluon to move
> to a similar setup as Amarok. (Bah! I need to finish my mail about that...)
>
> - Arjen

Albert Astal Cid (KDE's i18n coordinator):

"It can not be part of KDE translation system because the gluon gitorious
project is not owned by the kde-developers group."[1]

Amarok is owned by kde-developers. So gluon must change its owner and we (KDE's i18n team) can do our job without handicap gluon team while developing.

Johannes

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=126989216831557&w=2

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon