Re: [gluon] Gluon translated by KDE's translation teams?

On Tuesday 30 March 2010 12:06:11 Johannes Obermayr wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 30. März 2010 00:40:21 schrieb Arjen-Wander Hiemstra:
> > On Tuesday 30 March 2010 00:11:24 Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> > >   As Sacha already mentioned, Gluon Creator and the as-of-yet not
> > >   created
> > >
> > > Gluon Player for KDE (which will be a plasmoid) are the only items with
> > > strings needing translation. The other parts of the framework are pure
> > > libraries with no user-visible output (that is, all the output from the
> > > libraries is debug output, and as such not translated from what i
> > > understand about KDE in general... please do correct me on this,
> > > however, in case i am wrong :) )
> >
> > Actually, the current Qt-based player also has a few strings, it uses
> > Qt's tr() method however and not KDE Localized strings.
> >
> > >   We do, however, have JLP (Jure Repinc) with us, who's a KDE
> > >   translator.
> > >
> > > So, we do have someone from the kde l10n side on this, though he
> > > through the last while (due to the rather heavy development which has
> > > been going on) has not been so active with us. Hopefully that will
> > > change, though, for example with him helping us out with the
> > > translatable strings... We're getting close to the first alpha
> > > release, so immediately after this release would probably be a good
> > > time to get together and talk about this
> > >
> > > :)
> >
> > As Leinir already said, once we're done with the alpha (any moment now!
> > :p) is a good time to do these kinds of things. I personally would like
> > Gluon to move to a similar setup as Amarok. (Bah! I need to finish my
> > mail about that...)
> >
> > - Arjen
>
> Albert Astal Cid (KDE's i18n coordinator):
>
> "It can not be part of KDE translation system because the gluon gitorious
> project is not owned by the kde-developers group."[1]
>
> Amarok is owned by kde-developers. So gluon must change its owner and we
> (KDE's i18n team) can do our job without handicap gluon team while
> developing.
>
> Johannes
>
> [1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=126989216831557&w=2

  Redirecting this one to Sacha, who is the current owner - could you please
get in touch with Albert and get this one worked out? :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-
                            existence
                          or no
                            existence

                          - Piet Hein

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon