Re: [gluon] Gluon translated by KDE's translation teams?

On Monday 29 March 2010 21:16:40 Johannes Obermayr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gluon (libraries for developing nice 2D games - based on Qt/KDE) should
> become part of kdegames in KDE SC 4.4.[1]
>
> In 4.5 it is not listed.
>
> It is not developed on KDE's SVN but on gitorious.[2] So Amarok-like
> linking should be possible.
>
> I asked on Gluon's mailing list in September 2009: "And as a translator of
> kdegames (German team) I have to ask whether, when and where (KDE's SVN?)
> Gluon's GUIs will be translatable?" But I have not received an answer till
> now.[3]
>
> So I am asking again: "Who is responsible for translation? KDE's
> translation teams or Gluon's (not present) translation teams?"

  As Sacha already mentioned, Gluon Creator and the as-of-yet not created
Gluon Player for KDE (which will be a plasmoid) are the only items with
strings needing translation. The other parts of the framework are pure
libraries with no user-visible output (that is, all the output from the
libraries is debug output, and as such not translated from what i understand
about KDE in general... please do correct me on this, however, in case i am
wrong :) )
  We do, however, have JLP (Jure Repinc) with us, who's a KDE translator. So,
we do have someone from the kde l10n side on this, though he through the last
while (due to the rather heavy development which has been going on) has not
been so active with us. Hopefully that will change, though, for example with
him helping us out with the translatable strings... We're getting close to the
first alpha release, so immediately after this release would probably be a
good time to get together and talk about this :)

--
...Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-
                            existence
                          or no
                            existence

                          - Piet Hein

---
Gluon is a high-level game development library for the KDE desktop enviornment.
http://gluon.tuxfamily.org/
http://gitorious.org/gluon