Re: [eigen] Bugs on bugzilla

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014, Hauke Heibel wrote:

Thanks to both of you for setting up the contribution pages.
I think we should also add a few more details regarding how to contribute
from a technical or mercurial point of view. E.g. "fork the Eigen repo on
bitbucket", "clone the forked repository locally", "add and publish your
changes", "trigger a merge request via the bitbucket site".

The site http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Mercurial focuses a lot
on hg fu. Maybe it makes sense to modify this page. I would e.g. remove the
branches section since contributions are not supposed to be done via feature
branches and the release branches are for the devs only. Maybe it also makes
sense to split such a page.

I could try to work a little bit on the topic though I will need reviewers
since I am 99% working in a git environment.

I think it would be very useful if you could add some stuff about working with bitbucket. Indeed, the page is written with core developers in mind; splitting the page in parts as you suggest seems a good idea. If you think it would be helpful for people coming from git, you can also add git equivalents.

I'm happy to review; just ping me.

Jitse