|Re: [eigen] Bugs on bugzilla|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: Eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Bugs on bugzilla
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 08:19:35 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=0nwCd5afnIvArcPSo7tUioEighWvJmEzoXNx0E3visg=; b=rZJroNB6CjXmKb7vbX8dTxUr457f1C+5+9BJm8vMZYgSVp3B4t2kV49imrA0ldSIeA qlldAYY8HKvC8hp22TprVowrOjyISqUygfRx2G3VGSjkRkW9n0ycamqpsKh9xAzwt5wJ sqR7r+loyHjDkhzo3xAsyymiGlT+58GsihOnNUEYFNmQVtDsXeKF6rZ/DW4LHceJND2e qyF7FjNhB9o8HrZQLO3T8cnysF0fotJ5267aNUlNsOQj3G3BDsKToR3HUm4PEKtXXb2G qkzPxbE8LSEKXf0pHnSS1hHtgwEHkwlZnRRtWZKf1/Es+LL5fEMyCzJg+2dDCNo787Yr QBWQ==
Thanks to both of you for setting up the contribution pages.
I think we should also add a few more details regarding how to contribute from a technical or mercurial point of view. E.g. "fork the Eigen repo on bitbucket", "clone the forked repository locally", "add and publish your changes", "trigger a merge request via the bitbucket site".
The site http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Mercurial
focuses a lot on hg fu. Maybe it makes sense to modify this page. I would e.g. remove the branches section since contributions are not supposed to be done via feature branches and the release branches are for the devs only. Maybe it also makes sense to split such a page.
I could try to work a little bit on the topic though I will need reviewers since I am 99% working in a git environment.