Re: [eigen] Bugs on bugzilla

Another keyword/flag I think would be quite useful would be "design
decision needed."  I have seen the Django community make good use of
this flag.  If no developer feels confident making the design decision
alone, perhaps this flag should be set and there should be discussion on
the mailing list (in front of everyone, not just the people watching
that particular bug) before moving forward.

I just sent a mail regarding Bug 560.

Actually, I somehow prefer to keep bug-related discussion on bugzilla. That means I'd also prefer if people interested in API decision keep track of bugzilla discussions. It is not very hard to subscribe to every bugzilla-discussion (basically just follow user "nobody", alternatively search for DECISIONNEEDED-bugs once in a while), and this reduces incoming mails for users not interested in low-level technicalities.

Christoph

Dipl.-Inf., Dipl.-Math. Christoph Hertzberg
Cartesium 0.049
Universität Bremen
Enrique-Schmidt-Straße 5
28359 Bremen