|Re: [eigen] Bugs on bugzilla|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: Eigen mailinglist <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Bugs on bugzilla
- From: Jitse Niesen <jitseniesen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 15:45:16 +0100 (BST)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1403016285; bh=mBoWU/iLMbmCZFP9UpgLTuU3S7t5KdTiTfIgdX38Huk=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-Rocket-Received:Date:From:X-X-Sender:To:Subject:In-Reply-To:Message-ID:References:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-ID; b=W+6FV3plMg21ayJEDf0Ab1IJl2Aeodn+7XLlpXlVnu6OkpASTlxcX4JB9EefdISUAwhlY+/6Ve0rH5UaxtOe0hVsBaMWL4CC4BJ9i0vlNbTZuTSWkLlQAh4shXWcngnTopZyHXVHId+iQpPLdvP8gjLXIOdnhhKocp1j7CLs7pE=
On Fri, 13 Jun 2014, Christoph Hertzberg wrote:
For new bugs, we either need to do this on a regular basis, or we need clear
responsibilities (maybe per module?).
We had people responsible for particular modules for a while, but then
reverted to the current model where bugs are assigned to 'nobody' at
start. I don't remember why, but one side-effect of assigning a bug to
somebody is that nobody else will work on it.
In another mail, Christoph Hertzberg wrote:
Every feature request still in "NEW" state (at some deadline) gets
closed due to lack of interest. The same for every bug that nobody can
I'm not sure it is ideal to close feature requests due to lack of
interest. To me closed means that we are not going to do that, while a
lack of interest means that it is not going to be done anytime soon but
that if somebody else would do it, we would maybe incorporate it. Perhaps
an INACTIVE state would reflect this better?
I could add another status "ReviewNeeded" for bugs where we have a
consensus on how to fix them in general and which have a working patch
There is also a possibility in bugzilla to ask for review of a patch:
It is possible to search for bugs with patches needing a review, I think.
The advantage of the bugzilla system is that reviews are per-patch, not
per-bug, and that they can be assigned to a specific reviewer. The
disadvantage is that they do not work for pull requests via bitbucket (and
that in practice it does not seem to have worked that well).
I guess we do need the "ReviewNeeded" status to support bitbucket pull
requests. In that case, I think we should remove the review flag on
bugzilla patches so that we do not have two systems to indicate that a
patch needs review (I do not think that the more specific nature of the
bugzilla system buys a lot).
We should probably update the wiki to reflect the changes to how we are