|Re: [eigen] MPL2 relicensing: tracking 3rd-party code|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] MPL2 relicensing: tracking 3rd-party code
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:31:53 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=zIQYtmhNIMw4mA9ebobWO1UX4U+XoHWPLQu2gWuW7hc=; b=ixr810ZDtIfE1ilDs8MJy7GFMh1i+wzKn/G/fwQ04fw1iMLHsfGBuerYSjJYCGz+Cq 05B5BRJsFGSt0e3hwggud+96oe1Bf5nRiwQzW4iysKHYnzx8z/EGNjz3MYdvdfSi/A7X 8JhV77AoPNl/H66GuRj44xwCO8dQgcRgETaAZh7Rxl1uITQklyHdQR/zooyOQP8MEVpa F7BPitiJaumPdfIJKWrbru4/awSa0IhQwkAE/BZZ60Okng42RIDBFj4B2WD/vGZIxzni eTKzYiTLe4iOR4UxKGliWEPhK+m2Yv6/0s0hD9hGdJWXFmfdXWtLjgg0L2RGM5ulcj/o Advg==
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 5:13 AM, Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So, the next steps (looking for volunteers)
>> - establish a list of all the 3rd party code we have. Is there a
>> rational way of finding all of it at once?
> This is tricky. We'll probably have to do an audit, which is nontrivial.
Here is a start:
1 - In Core/arch/SSE/MathFunctions.h: The sin, cos, exp, and log
functions of this file come from Julien Pommier's sse math library:
Licence: zlib which is BSD-like, so no big deal.
2 - In Ordering/AMD.h: the approximate minimum degree ordering
algorithm comes from CSparse (Timothy Davis).
3 - In SparseCholesky/SimplicialCholesky.h: the factorization code
initially comes from the LDL Library of Timothy Davis.
4 - In IterativeLinearSolvers/IncompleteLUT.h: the algorithm is
inspired from SPARSKIT package, Copyright (C) 2005, the Regents of the
University of Minnesota (Yousef Saad)
The original code was fortran 90, so its a complete rewrite using
the fortran code as a reference of the high level algorithm.