|Re: [eigen] MPL2 relicensing: tracking 3rd-party code|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] MPL2 relicensing: tracking 3rd-party code
- From: Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 20:13:12 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=+EYo2Kw4cG4ibFN0Vif3R5TbEtxkfHiVW+Q0e4k2DJM=; b=HeEob9B6+m3NkTIMAILhq40xCH1O8Ly5g7vI0VDfwG0vFc23Owy94lutkDSaLHRHev ec/nml/XyRYxHQErzrtmZiaSHJal5b40e+WBmpujaSpsr2S6rcdNAvsAIjnS2Xx3rh3g DZJBqlx8zkDu3D2HRgv6CstNY4cg1z3Nxm4bNYAgCbe5hIcnLFK6k7ihjlzJ2Qovg+N/ ovZ/ntuchS7I7qeEhnlkcoQubXLJT6uZ9rxTlod5xdYKffZ0NuADitbAG7xMN3c+z6tE 2uShTvWlo1MBodi77qABG4U5W968z2Jo6jc9K5/oMjK7qzVeje6opsWb2kZTCpgD7fe/ 3fgw==
I can answer some of this.
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> (Daniel: questions for you below, see (*) marks).
> So the relicensing effort is going really well:
> - as of today we have the answers to the big questions about the
> MPL2, about GPL compatibility etc. See other threads.
> - the chasing down of contributors to get their approval is under
> way, in another thread.
I'm working on the script to swap out the headers. After the ducks are in
order we can figure out the right strategy to commit the header swap.
> Now the biggest remaining problem is 3rd-party code.
> First questions:
> (*) How much does it actually matter that all the 3rdparty code we use
> is MPL2, is it acceptable to have 3rdparty code under BSD/MIT, and is
> it acceptable to have some LGPLv3 code under Section 3 of the LGPLv3
> as it's headers?