|Re: [eigen] News on sparse modules and 3.1 beta 1 on Monday|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] News on sparse modules and 3.1 beta 1 on Monday
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 17:56:38 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=4qqvmZeM3K6FNoCFEVKO9f2KqpwVsj5t13dvG+UeyOk=; b=DgPs7yabApQkFbT/C40FHMGTjoJPqI9EcUwvHTZGz//i8vKLCGCFCBAHYXovdFjZpm 3gZ2Gzb7nDAQHjNvh7WK68zsIORawuuTszdyTYbZHpx5w7yFtS+Ch4IcAdcz12iFdHYX O+Sehv7fgQm9ahrZDYrqe58DzVEUR556EV9dI=
A quick update to say that since I've closed several bugs this WE and
today, it is probably safer to wait for another 24h before doing the
actual release of 3.1-alpha1.
On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Gael Guennebaud
> maybe some of you have already noticed it, but I recently did several
> changes in the sparse modules:
> - the SparseMatrix class is now more versatile and simpler to use with
> a single API to insert elements,
> - the DynamicSparseMatrix has been removed (still available in
> - deprecated functions have been removed,
> - the solvers classes moved from unsupported/ to official modules,
> - conservative matrix products,
> - etc.
> You can have a look at the updated documentation:
> to get a better idea of what's there, and as usual any feedback is
> very much appreciated.
> I think that now they are sane enough to release a first beta of the
> future 3.1 version of Eigen for which stable sparse modules will be
> the major feature.
> I plan to do the release on Monday. Though this is less critical for a
> beta release, reports of the results of the unit tests on various
> systems, especially with MSVC, would still be appreciated.