[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] SVD Bug
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:46:10 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Aijd3Z0g5GMOIUrAtyXtLtHoTG5jTBEuJVRWRj8ggXs=; b=DSlC9Zuo7mjR7M/yx5Mpig5G2hyJ/00Z0R5RS7t5o42395t2tzWqJuEjjivgRvGP7F sabWm2IJkoZjlY+rGlvXeQXVTD9aPMYftFaPXey41nADgTKQI2+k+EkGW86dhgmZm+Gt kLySfNPaRZRzA/dlUj66L3fRJvL/JR+vUdY7Y=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=vmmINLur8uFlwsygJqsRDn+KGOSL2nIwW6mfvWWOEvMb/s1eovNbVB+7ztve73EpvP Npp6ADFmtHg/I3UmxShPIl5imikwF1yca2ZU4Mlc28iKGqFOwj0AZIuLDBYJetNDYoMP udmdTk6BrEiJhYqMOU/3dsMJva3bONGxqxqfA=
2010/9/24 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I added Gram Schmidt orthogonalization and I added Helmut's proposal
> to use the normal equations to evaluate least squares solutions.
> Again, a little check would be great!
Excellent. Since you check with VERIFY_IS_UNITARY, you have proof that
your Gram-Schmidt code is correct.
Also, good idea, to use the normal equations. Allows the test to be
more general since now you're testing arbitrary RHS.
> Unit tests svd_1 to svd_4 do all pass but svd_9 fails. It seems as if
> it gets stuck, no error message, no nothing. What is this test for? It
> seems a bit strange.
It's broken, please remove it. It seems to be trying to check that the
svd constructor checks that rows>=cols. But in order to do that, it
would have to use VERIFY_RAISES_ASSERT. And frankly, i wouldn't put
that right into the CALL_SUBTEST, I would put that in a function and
call that from CALL_SUBTEST. But don't bother if you don't have time,
it's OK to remove that.
> - Hauke