Re: [eigen] SVD Bug

2010/9/24 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I added Gram Schmidt orthogonalization and I added Helmut's proposal
> to use the normal equations to evaluate least squares solutions.
>
> Again, a little check would be great!
Excellent. Since you check with VERIFY_IS_UNITARY, you have proof that
your Gram-Schmidt code is correct.

Also, good idea, to use the normal equations. Allows the test to be
more general since now you're testing arbitrary RHS.

> Unit tests svd_1 to svd_4 do all pass but svd_9 fails. It seems as if
> it gets stuck, no error message, no nothing. What is this test for? It
> seems a bit strange.

It's broken, please remove it. It seems to be trying to check that the
svd constructor checks that rows>=cols. But in order to do that, it
would have to use VERIFY_RAISES_ASSERT. And frankly, i wouldn't put
that right into the CALL_SUBTEST, I would put that in a function and
call that from CALL_SUBTEST. But don't bother if you don't have time,
it's OK to remove that.

Benoit