Re: [eigen] SVD Bug

Just to help me understand what is going on...

Does that mean for a 3x2 the decomposition does actually create
matrices with dimensions

3x2 2x2 2x2

and not

3x3 3x2 2x2 ?

I am just asking since I think at an earlier point we argued that for
USV^T, we always wanted U and V to be square an unitary. I am not sure
and did not yet test it but I think Eigen 2 actually does that and U
contains no zeros.

Let me clarify what you meant with "does not have a solution". In
fact, what I did in the unit test was sort of stupid because solving a
system A*x = b where A is overdetermined will of course result in an x
= pinv(A)*b such that Ax != b but where ||Ax-b||^2 is minimal. So in
case we can guarantee that our SVD produces a solution that computes
exactly the x which minimized ||Ax-b||, we can say it is fine though I
don't know how to unit test such a system besides doing tests based on
problems for which we know the correct solutions.

- Hauke