[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] SVD Bug
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:55:42 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=K6p27XCjzKrtH63725UDudUOd9j5no/CYZ7fiHwPR9s=; b=WA0mE+KKgZCSfaJQQfj+FJcETzYlP1ekTExGF/XrLZoQVhs7DbOuav+a+SqFFvhXkq LyqVwC2LB43l0Lavc4YFZqx2ycx3Fx6T1pPLh8/RSKVdKpQVterxNO5hmHsHMZOaGWod tB45KImxsBN0u0LyJ9kXahxTMjr1AADcgYZ6U=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=KAKy6ky+ucT4d1XlQR6IMby4Vhk7je/jEAMLCzV/o6jrRJaVI4X+upzlw/upwF1mSH vk/bJTFL3e7WbyFu/QT6512ekKsQI0mPA4f9reHyBjAvhcGsCLy6gmqICb6pKvLWu+Ut O+EiyMLYF0A1nZc/HWUUu0FGcT7ov32jcC+AQ=
2010/9/23 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I tried to look into it but failed. I can only say that already the
> matrix U is strange since its last row is zero and this should not be
> the case.
Yes, indeed, that's very interesting:
-0.8752 -0.2161 0
-0.009971 0.9026 0
0.4837 -0.3723 0
This unit test is really very insufficient. It should at least have
checked that U is unitary.
> I know that Benoit is still working on rewriting the SVD but at least
> the bad memory access should be fixed.