Re: [eigen] Matrix product crashes when compiled with MSVC 2010 in release

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, are you saying that they are not capturing this in this setup?
> In that case, please add Ilya's test case to our tests.´

No way, it is of course there. We just don't have automated builds, I
am most seldom(ly?) building 32bit code and others did not hit this
case yet. I mean there are products all over the unit tests. I just
tried to say that it must have been something we introduced recently.

Besides that, I am astonished and impressed that you found this bug -
really nice. In this case I did not even consider the possibility that
the bug came from within Eigen.

Still, the actual crash itself is an MSVC compiler bug. We have seen
earlier, that compiler is very bad at making optimal use of registers
in 32 bit mode and that the compiler has a few messed up optimizations
heuristics.

- Hauke