|Re: [eigen] Matrix product crashes when compiled with MSVC 2010 in release|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Matrix product crashes when compiled with MSVC 2010 in release
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 13:06:18 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=CEHm9+oDPPSfSx8e4tzzTzYxaRELo9epKi+sAuGclGM=; b=X8DNG360XDzCYMpNecVE7zt6CAQNrlceXxugTTtGB6tby08TUWRtfBzzBp2IB0aYkQ aTs7QkshRA1Qmf+Od8Mupdhi+OCEOHGaHYaRShD7LpK35kRUlJFF0KsEsmUjjQjHcLTv S8Q8uZKIcwnFrK/yX7+f9X+YwTSnrN+/kM8t0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=vvVGhsJUub2CdDR4jQm9W5+m5RCEu6gjAhdrUuD7jYXYfZvBova6prFiEwe9oweYwB t7k6z7liB85ZrNxkS43cJjgjQB7MyMW8BQ4TuuW1lw6vE04SdmKt1wVyBNDi3r54szqh H9mUFChneSFOQAn4VvIXnh0eP9/BE8PQfEDtQ=
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, are you saying that they are not capturing this in this setup?
> In that case, please add Ilya's test case to our tests.´
No way, it is of course there. We just don't have automated builds, I
am most seldom(ly?) building 32bit code and others did not hit this
case yet. I mean there are products all over the unit tests. I just
tried to say that it must have been something we introduced recently.
Besides that, I am astonished and impressed that you found this bug -
really nice. In this case I did not even consider the possibility that
the bug came from within Eigen.
Still, the actual crash itself is an MSVC compiler bug. We have seen
earlier, that compiler is very bad at making optimal use of registers
in 32 bit mode and that the compiler has a few messed up optimizations