|Re: [eigen] Matrix product crashes when compiled with MSVC 2010 in release|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Matrix product crashes when compiled with MSVC 2010 in release
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:19:20 +0200
- Cc: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=ChjvAEzT4m8wtxA61CykBF/ZM9V0Nm0xchjRX5V2oqs=; b=Uo4bss0HoZdJaRG5osHyG3lqtJ0S5KdMqZ3VWRZYm8FNkvIMNiPwLJdwTO/cG1Pz1y x2ZiCb3h7W6T/2DWVuPSjpmrAoT/CH2v7jm2/XLqSa6A23HX/rGHpenJNEpluBxVBInX qiYoG7pzseAquuudajA2Wx1V2zpPDuJ4lVUTU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=av7fydElvPyV3gImf5jyg8wZUHzDgGvmiG9Pw/vzvR9VRoxmkI+kjk5tp5FRCeUFEm rTmsE8k9sn5AGwiDqDe7ltBjFBAsEfZ2OapwJ4W/TNmwS91Z+XLN5f5ncQ6YhnM//4hY bBcMn3KJApkw4lbyjLvs8ayErsVtdJlFp13yE=
Ok, once again. Since Ilya mentioned that CMake does create projects
which have defaults set to "no whole program optimization" I needed to
start digging again because it implies, that our unit tests should
have captured this!
So, we see a regression and that is happening since
user: Gael Guennebaud <g.gael@xxxxxxx>
date: Mon Jul 12 16:31:46 2010 +0200
summary: matrix product: move the alpha factor to gebp instead of
Since here, we are hitting a compiler bug and considering that
everybody using CMake will run into it, it is definitely a show
stopper for 3.0.
I have still no idea for workarounds and just did not myself hit this
bug earlier because I am working with 64bit builds only.