Re: [eigen] bibtex

On 21.08.2010 00:00, Benoit Jacob wrote:
2010/8/20 Schmidt, Michael<Michael.Schmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Just a side-note of a silent reader of this mailing list:

@MISC{eigenweb,
   author = {Beno\^{i}t Jacob and Ga\"{e}l Gunnebaud and et al.},
   title = {Eigen v3},
   howpublished = {http://eigen.tuxfamily.org},
   year = {2010}
}

May generate the following outputs for different bibtex styles.

1) Jacob B., Gunnebaud G., and et al. Eigen v3.
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org, 2010.
2) Jacob, B., Gunnebaud, G., et al., 2010. Eigen v3.
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org
3) B. Jacob, G. Gunnebaud, and et al. Eigen v3.
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org, 2010.

As far as I know, there should be no "and" before the "et al.", should
it? Et al. is the abbreviation of "et alii/aliae/alia", which means "and
others"...

That's true! Which leaves the question wide open, how does one say 'et al'
in BibTex?
Benoit

I think, for most styles the 'correct' way to do it is to write

author = {John Doe and others},

this should work at least for
\bibtexstyle{plain}

hth Christoph