Re: [eigen] bibtex

2010/8/20 Schmidt, Michael <Michael.Schmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Just a side-note of a silent reader of this mailing list:

> @MISC{eigenweb,
>   author = {Beno\^{i}t Jacob and Ga\"{e}l Gunnebaud and et al..},
>   title = {Eigen v3},
>   howpublished = {http://eigen.tuxfamily.org},
>   year = {2010}
> }
>
> May generate the following outputs for different bibtex styles.
>
> 1) Jacob B., Gunnebaud G., and et al. Eigen v3.
> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org, 2010.
> 2) Jacob, B., Gunnebaud, G., et al., 2010. Eigen v3.
> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org
> 3) B. Jacob, G. Gunnebaud, and et al. Eigen v3.
> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org, 2010.

As far as I know, there should be no "and" before the "et al.", should
it? Et al. is the abbreviation of "et alii/aliae/alia", which means "and
others"...

That's true! Which leaves the question wide open, how does one say 'et al' in BibTex?
Benoit

Regards, Michael