Re: [eigen] bibtex

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Schmidt, Michael
<Michael.Schmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 1) Jacob B., Gunnebaud G., and et al. Eigen v3.
>> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org, 2010.
>> 2) Jacob, B., Gunnebaud, G., et al., 2010. Eigen v3.
>> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org
>> 3) B. Jacob, G. Gunnebaud, and et al. Eigen v3.
>> http://eigen.tuxfamily.org, 2010.
>
> As far as I know, there should be no "and" before the "et al.", should
> it? Et al. is the abbreviation of "et alii/aliae/alia", which means "and
> others"...

The "and" serves just as a separator of authors and may even be
discarded as it is in case 2). But I agree, it is strange to have an
"and et".

So then Christoph's suggestion of using "others" seems to be better

@MISC{eigenweb,
  author = {Ga\"{e}l Guennebaud and Beno\^{i}t Jacob and others},
  title = {Eigen v3},
  howpublished = {http://eigen.tuxfamily.org},
  year = {2010}
}

In the references list it will be printed as "and others" and direct
citations may in rare cases still be

G. Guennebaud et al. (2010)

The title and year are fine?

- Hauke