|Re: [eigen] Band diagonal matrices|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Band diagonal matrices
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 00:12:43 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=c4awI5doM3WN4Lvp7Tlo9EUMooP2Jzck0xhRnkt4ogU=; b=h3bfk/0L6yfntngLcNEWlOBn8TUtLpWebwxs4xP1XUY2z1DHzTWWNylqrFRn4Q1j1D xZAzEFsZDbqdDxmy1xS5ETNulQnrQG2GG40ImOJxdhf0O4r/muwfI/VpnqyqyqU87aU0 35ZgcV1VqVqj90q1xHN+h+niQs+bxhNMxgSKQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=dclvFM8z36GkcvfDYDgkL1YaSbzVPcaorqrpe7P4TzKm82oTYAeqQ3zwQutIF9rh57 /m1OoJop5fTI0GgI4yZOUXrMNWTYu7sYd0sq9mwaSofv+yxk8b7osZFIaydUcORtUibQ Zp6CeCc2QV+JLZeTPt5Anb8oblyq4RinlhMnI=
And we already have Skyline matrices in unsupported/
2010/6/18 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Note that for band matrices, we already have a BandMatrix class
> offering a banded storage which allows for more optimized algorithms.
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Sameer Agarwal
> <sameeragarwal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> One thing I forgot to mention in my email about sparse matrices earlier is
>> support for band diagonal and block band diagonal matrices. They occur often
>> enough in problems, but also can arise in the construction of
>> preconditioners. In those cases we should think about supporting
>> 1. Constructor to build band diagonal matrices from a set of vectors.
>> 2. Constructor to extract a set of bands from a given sparse matrix.
>> 3. Band diagonal solvers.