[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] nesting
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:48:08 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=8Q9RMDsgTch4Gm4fdr8/CFyZGRJfE9v6pjytEEacw5k=; b=vlVbhacb8gxihPdA+APWbEflJt4Av1Sk2mQrRIYditvQQzaTs3mjusNatkSrVytaZk ye9AkUXSNvYOOXfH/10Keh5+vY6KG9Kn2CPET0PlNLNVPKAmqHJSlFh2JNVKcdp+0PUp RkYBa3Tw2J1TH/MQFCiBLmMvDtDkFS/qLb+ns=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=YDezRfIhSzaC8YVODa/tPiMfhHa7f5Shumr33rTFPOi8eqKlfsLVu0X16jXuA7JT7k qhnWDgx72jpSfYRf8KU69ERFBrH6QXYeQe1d8FjKKXCDPcfYXkjftiEX7EZKCJWNR8jW soeo0DKWy5PLH89UO1yJ4O80tkPY5IKnop7WU=
Wow, this is a great test!
I haven't tried to think if it is enough or if you should add
something, but at least it's a great piece of testing code.
2010/2/6 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> It is working. Now I just have to double check all Flag definitions
> within Eigen, something around ~53, since potentially I need to add
> the EIGEN_PROPAGATE_NESTING_BIT define.
> I could also do a lot of testing - what do you think how much is sane?
> See the attached file which basically tests Replicate, Reverse, Select
> in combination with and without different kinds of products. I think
> testing every single combination is a little bit overkill - what do
> you think?
> - Hauke
> On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Hauke Heibel
> <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It should have been "toggle only the storage order."
>> Since we now have bit which are not inherited, we might rename
>> HereditaryBits bits and introduce a new set. How about
>> DominantBits /* always inherited */
>> RecessiveBits /* only in rare cases inherited */
>> Then, in the future one could do
>> Flags = OtherType::Flags & ~RecessiveBits
>> to disable only those we don't want to inherit. This will of course
>> only then make sense, when there is the possibility for new recessive
>> bits in the future or just because we like it...
>> - Hauke