[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] nesting
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:45:32 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=YlyZMO/U5INqGEHVXRkLxq/8vvVk2MuR/Uxjf9NiSxs=; b=lm3UYFD9ZFVQm8zB9gdLyIaTP0GXbd9ozAtUQ8ta1XfcYhIgejfsVFp+48WxRbJpl+ 8zdUt8FGEAf5h0TmdXpbOXIaL5SjsB4w2VPoOZRh331v2rNsKvhynNjJmXWeMlVKoRr+ HILnoVxfqpSIVNJmYwcDLm4j4GAjYkBAAd2LM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=cRqX/z2dkOmrgUvQKmMG14gGEbneRUZ6tCRzmjVN9XMT61KcGbQFCkk3vvckeZbUNp 0pBzaC6a1yPH66uZ9hSfrA8Uw/RswPVobG6H9aa5gEzCUt4Vc19v89pT8oeCa1Kw0kWy 0GjwhHOSHoskbXsLVmbOgLI0AqUSd+VuAhEjA=
The "problem" is that the set of bits that should be inherited varies
greatly between expressions....
In the case of Transpose, pretty much everything is inherited, then
there are all sorts of cases with other expressions...
2010/2/6 Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> It should have been "toggle only the storage order."
> Since we now have bit which are not inherited, we might rename
> HereditaryBits bits and introduce a new set. How about
> DominantBits /* always inherited */
> RecessiveBits /* only in rare cases inherited */
> Then, in the future one could do
> Flags = OtherType::Flags & ~RecessiveBits
> to disable only those we don't want to inherit. This will of course
> only then make sense, when there is the possibility for new recessive
> bits in the future or just because we like it...
> - Hauke