[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] 2.0.8
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:15:09 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=19N9jx24FR4hosbPlYmwOS08dl2HfE0fNrVkOGy8/1o=; b=OEnCTzQtuHWdEqJ8rypf81Wijm6ewYLIBHAiud3NRk2H1ybVr2dpEBaR2ZxGAJl8s/ ohdZV0kdvnxha5CLJG1WsR4hkbFEDDL16kvl1SWq5bwwUFrEvc2a9MZFBfA8ofiMO/hv Tn6QecsF9vwlbrGCFqMnzr6D3RwdwWCPJt1kI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=ctHk26JHGB+2dnKBXfDtJmGurd/T/VQ6B1eui6/JHeOQyOF4VK+dMCK2XRwZY7qYk7 8H6Ca67LB7eIKbwCf6wty263HvMYQyXGcnMxkUfNbF2OaZqU11KJfEvKlCuas4Utl9ZS Tjg3SA2blCYmt+dSM2YaPWu00Q+ie+gFXUBtA=
and wow, there was a 2nd separate issue in 2.0.7 and 2.0.8, we relied
on INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR before it was defined. The reason why we didnt
catch it was that on the 2nd cmake run, things were OK. But for the
user trying a fresh install, the 1st run didnt produce a useful .pc
file in the 2.0 branch. The dev branch was OK however, because
INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR was set early enough.
2009/10/24 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> But just FYI, the reason why 2.0.7 worked for you is that you're doing
> a in-source build, that's a special case. We want to support
> out-of-source builds.
> 2009/10/24 Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Well, there was an issue in the pkg-config code that was
>>> preventing "make install" from working.
>> The 2.0.7 tarball worked just fine for me including make install. It
>> is 2.0.8 which looks broken. Build output follows.
>> -- The C compiler identification is Intel
>> -- Build files have been written to: /opt/eigen2/eigen2-2.0.8-src
>> Install the project...
>> -- Install configuration: ""
>> CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:36 (FILE):
>> file INSTALL cannot find file
>> "/opt/eigen2/eigen2-2.0.8-intel-10.1.017/eigen2.pc" to install.
>> Weird looking since I'm building in /opt/eigen2/eigen2-2.0.8-src which
>> does contain eigen2.pc. The 2.0.8 make install target appears to be
>> trying to install from the target directory into itself...?
>> - Rhys