Re: [eigen] git

Thanks a lot for your work.

For those who didn't follow today's irc discussion:
after orzel's work, one thing is sure, we don't have to worry about
git-svn anymore. We have basically 2 options:
- either stay with Hg
- or convert that to Git (which gael has been experimenting with).

We'll make a decision soonish... initially i almost dismissed Hg as I
regarded it as a small, obscure project, until I learnt that it has
Python, Mozilla, OpenOffice, Java, OpenSolaris, Xine, XEmacs and some
big Google projects among its users.

http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/ProjectsUsingMercurial

Given that, in the special case of KDE's SVN, Hg's svn
interoperability seems much better than git's, using Hg may also make
our life easier in the short term for syncing kdesupport and,
conversely, merging commits made there.

I'm slightly in favor of Hg now but i still don't have a strong
opinion either way...

Benoit