[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] git
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 03:08:06 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=KiIfumh9pe8ipUoBKHOHfPzZxt1+DL1DClRCOMdauI0=; b=pFJRTJr/o4woj89wVzyTZvQTSe2MHYRiIlN0U8664YEzG07bUwSfkUEE9QOcEtOTCd yNp6ZJz12dGJM/vfnupFjvPmCrx4+qzmcktb5dmcJjujHglhrntEyncODu135/zq/5NM ragURjsZlQCJMlqiaKjzpVaTVla9J3cf5v1fs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=HGItXRjhUdbZPVvRJ9aT+o/WIjJZKmclbp9lPbwRhT6EIWJtcJ8oYEat6spYOO52QG 118QIImmldMRY25+yRIb8zrElKVNsCNlBzH/uB20KFQUGiji/OwV9rFKvVYgQtnLN/hj jjn5qvaJGVaBXLK9ZLwI07Tuggl9y7f5xnBT8=
Thanks a lot for your work.
For those who didn't follow today's irc discussion:
after orzel's work, one thing is sure, we don't have to worry about
git-svn anymore. We have basically 2 options:
- either stay with Hg
- or convert that to Git (which gael has been experimenting with).
We'll make a decision soonish... initially i almost dismissed Hg as I
regarded it as a small, obscure project, until I learnt that it has
Python, Mozilla, OpenOffice, Java, OpenSolaris, Xine, XEmacs and some
big Google projects among its users.
Given that, in the special case of KDE's SVN, Hg's svn
interoperability seems much better than git's, using Hg may also make
our life easier in the short term for syncing kdesupport and,
conversely, merging commits made there.
I'm slightly in favor of Hg now but i still don't have a strong
opinion either way...
2009/5/2 Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi again,
> Here's another experiment, using so-called 'named branches'.
> The main difference is that the output of 'hg branches' and the 'branches'
> part of the previous url now display the name of branches. Also, you can use
> hg up -r <branchname>
> to switch between branches.
> I'm often on #eigen, if you want to test eigen/mercurial and need some help,
> just ask.
> I think the most basic test is about cloning one of those repositories, and
> then play with 'hg view' (the tcl/tk viewer, much the same as git's one).
> On Friday 01 May 2009 22:47:29 Thomas Capricelli wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I'm looking into converting the svn repository for eigen2 to mercurial. You
>> can so far follow my experiments on
> Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>