Re: [eigen] git

Hi all,

I'm looking into converting the svn repository for eigen2 to mercurial. You
can so far follow my experiments on

http://sources.freehackers.org/hg.cgi/eigen/

It takes few hours, mostly because kde svn is a little bit slow (fortunately
i'm not using the anonsvn, which is even slower i think).

Trunk, tags and branches are imported in the same mercurial repository. This
is imho the best solution, but another one would be to have branches in
different repository (with the branch repository being a clone of the main
one, of course, sharing the common history). This way of doing is supposed to
be typical in the dvcs world but i dont see it often actually.

The only problem so far is that the tag for eigen2 beta5 has got another copy
to backport an important fix, and this copy was bogus. This is easily fixed by
editing the tag file in mercurial and does not worry me. (it's done in the
repository given at the beginning).

If you want to check/play with it, please do and report any
problem/question/remark.

You can browse the repository using the previous url, or clone it using
	hg clone http://sources.freehackers.org/hg.cgi/eigen

You can see how the branch look like on
http://sources.freehackers.org/hg.cgi/eigen/graph/1101?revcount=400
(you can also see tags on the graph)

and the tags list on
http://sources.freehackers.org/hg.cgi/eigen/tags

You also have atom/rss for every files/directory, and bzip2/zip/gz for every
branch/revision. git probably provides this as well.

regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>