[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] git
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 21:31:20 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=0oAlYe0+hbhpGM7/SM7kUcqJCzy8T4J+CrQryW4nOSo=; b=ncDNkcybjvV82V0PvzZb4lE9tarbk+mMIuUc9aZOMfnSv9U8IzCoJUkOfkelmHiQF1 iIC3xvsQf8zknNtNsqODmeZiwedEDS1CgNLS41zo9RYkLNB016ZCENosSyRvZtCbhXqn 1poGRn0REAKBKfIXkx5w2A+zinQ1PGEKmuzd8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=sHWWt3ypMZrTyUe82eDWAJu+TYeeGU9u7evS8yVkNw2JvEON76RcQuCYMpUiyZu/g0 fbgYjIgyMho+sEKzCcLh2VordR2RL5CqoLTwrjFQ3YG0zh62DsS30+eiBHrpxw7AKp7z bDsWUBiQ3hp6U+C4qK8cCbAMcrTo+eXasWEiE=
updating you with my findings....
i have "git svn fetch" still running and made it start right away at
the first eigen2 revision, 669000.
after 2 or 3 hours, it tells me a funny warning and mentions that it
has gone through revision 723000. But the local directory is still
empty (well, just a skeleton).
This tells us:
- that git-svn is traversing all revisions a first time before
actually starting importing
- that it really checks all revisions, even if they don't affect the
directories i asked for
- that this first phase is going to take at least 10 hours
I'll let this run for the weekend. We'll see...
2009/5/1 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> OK, I've been trying very hard to convert eigen to git, but i have trouble.
> It's fairly easy to get eigen trunk on git. The problem is to get the
> branches and tags.
> The reason why not everybody hit the same issue already, is that KDE
> is a huge monolithic repo.
> When I tell git-svn to look in
> then "git svn fetch" just gets stalled. It will use 1%-30% CPU and do
> network activity, but doesn't create any file on my hard disk drive,
> and doesn't output anything in the console. I waited 5 hours.
> By contrast, if I only mention /trunk/kdesupport/eigen2, then after
> some stupid warnings it works. So I have trunk ported to git. However
> if I then add the branches and tags, it gets stalled again.
> I tried listing explicitly the branches and tags, so no wildcards. No
> Attached: .git/config and my authors file, in case you want to try.
> Meanwhile, Thomas aka orzel has been able to move eigen to Hg with no
> problem at all, with all the tags etc.
> So if nobody can help me with git, I'd propose using hg.
> 2009/4/30 Moritz Lenz <mlenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Benoit Jacob wrote:
>>> Thanks everybody for your input.
>>> I'll ask github for a repository and I'll keep you posted.
>> No need, you can simply sign up, and create one.
>> (usually you sign up as a normal user, but you could also create an 'eigen'
>> user so it feels a bit more official).