|Re: [eigen] External contributions|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] External contributions
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 14:08:07 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=aNWUf/GyaqHR6upY2VF72WjoDxMlU2JjpKy/RHA4Afo=; b=GXhvg5jbeyFScs/yKBMuJOnjIYNhZ/iQ8wPMSwXXWd5AlrlWkobM08Qgq1Y9h/sJtf ZEPqM4knYdq8gZDVfFDtflrStBPBbeeVCAqjSb5g9/mArAoQWHNncMLvhan7uHs7crOA v1xUM2sLRLI5yUe3+dkJ9qQTkenwI2gkyQCmk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=jK9cObJjr3IVmm6gfp/pYZXQIaq6O7IK9EOcBxTMtBi83IlyyktawFHzMnr3RPDiIy IEeV/wtTGrRj48A5lGlhr75IRqs2nJmxRR9+ImV8qXLz2JreRZ8zgPG6p2xx9IxGEDWR aIwF9B5Abhmqe+kn/T+cwOZjYAxXFR/0kx7fg=
ok, since I started setting up the unsupported/ directory, I'll do the
doc splitting etc.
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/2/4 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> I mostly agree with you,
>> about the doc, I'm not sure that's doable to easily change the visual
>> hint of selected set for files, and I don't feel comfortable with
>> mixing unsupported classes with the other one in the class list, etc.
>> So I would propose to have two doxyfiles and nest the doc like this:
>> and of course the main page would link to the contrib doc, and I think
>> using ctags we can have cross references from the contrib doc to the
>> main one. What do you think ?
> Good idea!
>> another related (and complementary) option is to put all the
>> unsupported stuff in an Eigen::unsupported namespace. I don't
>> remember all the doxygen features but if that's doable to have the
>> contrib classes prefixed with the unsupported:: namespace prefix, then
>> that will be fine for me ! (I mean no need to have a separated doc)
> Well I prefer the first option you mention above. Even with a
> unsupported:: prefix these classes would still clutter the doc (and
> then we would be reluctant to allow more stuff in unsupported/ which
> would defeat its purpose).
>> About the criteria, I would put the barrier as low as possible, but it:
>> - must rely on Eigen !
>> - must be math !
>> - should have some general purpose in the sense that it could
>> potentially be included in a Eigen module (or become a new one)
>> - can be very preliminary though
> 100% agree.
>> Another way to add contributions is via the demo/example. For instance
>> if something is very too specific but shows an interesting way of
>> using Eigen, then it can be a good demo.
> I agree also.