|Re: [eigen] [RFC] symbolic computations using eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] [RFC] symbolic computations using eigen
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:39:58 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=y6TkHCrjDvNqgApFUZxObX664MY4l5hQrYfU2eJRCJU=; b=ABZUtfWXI6kSnreBAQRX9HJ4tj6gW1ywFEosr8jqQT3LzdWtiOmfg3y2tffdQ3naoM aczULUvmovyBViv/UOpFnAX+xHJQekySpVGDFXgPyyzH50QvJl70OP30EIyjYg84rlco h2jiuDYLmzPsYs3sRh4skZovk1RvLFPmCRkXk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=UeRxA2mekyVRNF3Y9VFYxEn3hv3B9sjZIZ+EzwF1nfftWXjZtgwKUJr+YMDV1IseN6 +6CTcyQQLazwGYj1VN559Yq9AyFOyoncgt+DCf6sZSw8NYPx0Q5D1uKAKXf1MHmZnrLI bMdUBB6V2mYpEaXKRRlKEtTeLzM/wZag+Sh60=
I like that idea too, so I added an "unsupported/" directory right away.
I hope you did not change your mind during the night!
On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:10 AM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/2/3 Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> What's wrong with that? Having contrib/ be a staging directory seems
>> reasonable. As something moves from contrib to core, then the maintainer
>> will naturally be able to continue without having to get a different
>> Put another way, what is the harm in being liberal with accounts? (ok, build
>> breakage, but did i hear about a continuous build somewhere?)
> You're right. It's not a big problem if people get KDE accounts and
> only contribute to an unsupported/ directory of Eigen.
> _if_ KDE sysadmins ever complain about that, it'll be time to
> reconsider, but I shouldn't try to hard to anticipate that. I seem to
> remember to have been told not to worry about that.
>> We could do this, but it is just more hassle for users.
> In the meanwhile, I thought of another issue: preservation of SCM
> history across repositories.
>> Perhaps rename the contrib directory 'unsupported/' to make it clear that
>> code in that directory may format your harddrive.
> Good idea.