|Re: [eigen] External contributions|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] External contributions
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 14:04:09 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=zz8dgU0XNBdjSYZFt5PjC74jnAb+4kStxNgqW4DAFzw=; b=Z6uAtvPUea3FfPLhNyO3xf+rstfqQy3uBhR4IOcHDF67Oqh8xAeIrCX7OiewZU1b+w dIexKi9m/zGc0QGnvddgL18y1E6ZiU/0mCZe0PAayn/dVbl1ttrQQDLATy+QeLQj3H78 cScsLHhg0ldRfIoaVAvIzItViWXU2W3A5DiAU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=k9uIXSOO3RJqO/AbHCtISvulaUVJg4FBZwkmcTFATQxalOxTTms4gQh4EvN2uP3zVB BgPZowTZRUemchDKYBlQOeKJrY8gD3Fh3iN7LFkkOSBcwyFz5GFYs2qqIwG5szYM8mC/ asH5EgCRf7Gom/DehAgKw+6Q/YDWhHhHRmUZ0=
2009/2/4 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I mostly agree with you,
> about the doc, I'm not sure that's doable to easily change the visual
> hint of selected set for files, and I don't feel comfortable with
> mixing unsupported classes with the other one in the class list, etc.
> So I would propose to have two doxyfiles and nest the doc like this:
> and of course the main page would link to the contrib doc, and I think
> using ctags we can have cross references from the contrib doc to the
> main one. What do you think ?
> another related (and complementary) option is to put all the
> unsupported stuff in an Eigen::unsupported namespace. I don't
> remember all the doxygen features but if that's doable to have the
> contrib classes prefixed with the unsupported:: namespace prefix, then
> that will be fine for me ! (I mean no need to have a separated doc)
Well I prefer the first option you mention above. Even with a
unsupported:: prefix these classes would still clutter the doc (and
then we would be reluctant to allow more stuff in unsupported/ which
would defeat its purpose).
> About the criteria, I would put the barrier as low as possible, but it:
> - must rely on Eigen !
> - must be math !
> - should have some general purpose in the sense that it could
> potentially be included in a Eigen module (or become a new one)
> - can be very preliminary though
> Another way to add contributions is via the demo/example. For instance
> if something is very too specific but shows an interesting way of
> using Eigen, then it can be a good demo.
I agree also.