Re: [eigen] Code review for .resizeLike()

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 2:32 AM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> sounds good,
>>
>> you know, you should really apply for a kde svn account and feel free
>> to commit such changes:
>>
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account
>>
>> for "Who supports this request?" you can put either me or Benoit.
>
> I applied yesterday :)

great !

> On an aside: would you guys be interested in an automatic-differentiation
> module? Something like that would be really useful for me (vision is mostly
> optimization). See http://homepage.mac.com/sigfpe/paper.pdf

hehe, yes, this is something I had in mind too :) Would be a very good
complement to lev-marq. Currently I'm using adolc (as you can guess
from the doc http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/CustomizingEigen.html#CustomScalarType
!) but I'm missing higher level differentiation operators. Between
forward and backward differentiation the former seems to be quite easy
to implement but sometimes it is too limited. One more thing for the
long long term...