Re: [eigen] Code review for .resizeLike()

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 2:32 AM, Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
sounds good,

you know, you should really apply for a kde svn account and feel free
to commit such changes:

http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account

for "Who supports this request?" you can put either me or Benoit.

I applied yesterday :)

Also I've seen you have an implementation of the Levenberg–Marquardt
algorithm and this is something I would love to see as a Eigen's
module. What do you think ? Compared to your current version I would
put the solver as a template parameter so that one can use LU, SVD, QR
or whatever other solvers, like the sparse ones...

Yes, I'd like to have it in Eigen too. The reason I haven't sent it in is that it's really basic at the moment and hasn't had much testing.  I was planning on using it for 2-view bundle adjustment. Also, there is some debate about how to best structure the API.

I'll probably send it along in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, you can watch it evolve in libmv in src/libmv/numeric/levenberg_marquardt.h and function_derivative.h

On an aside: would you guys be interested in an automatic-differentiation module? Something like that would be really useful for me (vision is mostly optimization). See http://homepage.mac.com/sigfpe/paper.pdf

Keir

gael.