Re: [eigen] Usage of Eigen2 in a closed source application

Benoit Jacob schrieb:
2008/12/13 FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx>:

Yes, paragraph 3 is readable and without harm to me.

I was worried about something in in paragraph 4 "Combined Works" but after
your answer I have reread in §0 "Additional Definitions" the section:

Ah, I see.

So, in my understanding now (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the
following is true:

Using a header only lib, aka producing "object code incorporating material
from library header files is not combining works in the the sense of the
LGPLv3 and therefore not covered by paragraph 4 "Combined Works".

I'm sorry, parts of sections 0 and 4 are a bit unclear to me. I'm not
really able to answer this decisively. If you are concerned, it's
worth asking directly the FSF or FSF-Europe, they are usually very
helpful helping understand their licenses.

I will (if i pluck up one's courage). At least, to have some unbeatable arguments for my boss.
I any case the spirit of the LGPL is to allow usage by closed-source
applications, and that's how we mean it in Eigen, so regardless you
won't get any trouble from us.

Very friendly, thank you all.

Cheers,
Frank