Re: [eigen] Usage of Eigen2 in a closed source application

2008/12/14 FMDSPAM <fmdspam@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I have read your emails beforehand :-) . Yes Eigen2 is really amazing and
> seems to me very agile.
> My focus are the sparse linear algebra for FEA-like stuff at first But I am
> really impressed of the wide range of performance gifts, eigen2 is able to
> spent. I really like the idea to only deal with one lib in a consistent
> design for all my linear algebra.

If you're mostly interested in the Sparse module, note that it's still
considered experimental, although it is probably going to become
stable (i.e. API stability guaranteed) in about 6 monthes as Gael is
currently working on potentially making KDE 4.3 rely on it.

> For me, legal issues are always somewhat like quirky nitpicking. So, I am
> sorry for my quirks contribution here, really.

Np, actually my main concern regarding licensing is to allow everybody
to use Eigen just so we don't have to deal with any licensing issues.

That's how I meant the LGPL when I chose it.

If you ever find that the LGPL doesn't allow you to use Eigen then
tell us and we'll consider relicensing.

If it turns out that the BSD does provide the same back-contribution
guarantee in our case, then why not add it as a license choice (so
we'd triple-license).

---