|Re: [eigen] New Eigen users forum!|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] New Eigen users forum!
- From: "Keir Mierle" <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:11:11 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=RK261Ql/EBo2/+Hr7ds1Iwu+3hEMqbcnuaYsFT+qJWU=; b=KmVHXLzX/XCEg18+eMVL5A0hiamuiXYH5+WPyveL4VPk3cZLOaF5xgZdP+UB76irem iyo3KZQgYwuj/bYo2sD5MKsG7hl+xIzUIVZ+fZsCS7869LQ2ZbhWstuCOsE/sZLVzRTz xA/kom7ikKjy2t8OjP/ZIqZOro+q+/x4MWvxo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=qlYsKE3ZVjQvg6/AEPoynI0hzJvM0/yqPcvNUurlANHyGyr2IBwLkSCaxBxNH3MGeo hXrpbEyp/qXPw0K8YC9hlKsX5xouHwXrHvnSwMRZGy1z52hvhNAtBHNUKAPPYqu/v5qW LulGNqf/NgF7bYpXxeWXdngbDaXpkuz1he/j8=
Is having a separate forum really a good idea? It seems the eigen community is pretty small. Wouldn't it be better to encourage traffic on this list instead of balkanizing discussion?
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
We just opened a users forum here:
I'm trying to get people to use it for getting support with using
Eigen. Ideally we'd have a community of users able to help each
other... Until that's the case at least I am reading the forum and
will answer questions; that's far less time-consuming for me than
IRC (i'm easily distracted away from work).
Of course IRC and this mailing list continue as usual! The mailing
list is perfect for discussing eigen development, asking a licensing
question, reporting a bug, submitting a patch; IRC is great for a
friendly chat or a very interactive technical discussion, but we can't
always be online.