|Re: [eigen] New Eigen users forum!|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] New Eigen users forum!
- From: "Benoit Jacob" <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:06:13 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=u/FeyGuW5G81dV3Z/21aUqalSHDkXKtUkU1T/0xd3gE=; b=RMEVQgvY2G+cuYztQlOHUr72k7QInvaAB18JprKaGFDWyS323inVwsoQ9HW4sPubLO 0gguheNm/sVFLRzj0894vU/47/dzD8tdNpWYvGFTiScF9D7kSy7Uy3IFP6V4NzT6x883 QLx7qFTLwXbuqKwiNCuXrBrrfbyGBnh4jt+sc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=CDzIsa+lICRrXp4pSdbb9O3ZYeaJCFV0tzOhnNX8jj0JFOdaVW9hD/Pgr/GHCsfGkZ Rr6UH4amOqEqLPVPq9Im2dhAIjxTVCxp7CGcyinoFAZVcaovs69xDzT/3PHQf+suUVr7 o/lEisoksGo1pAX2z3Dtiaez/OUAeJugvRKvw=
And that being said, as long as it keeps reasonable (like it is
currently), I don't mind a certain amount of user questions on the
mailing list. So if you prefer asking questions on the list, by me
2008/12/17 Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Is having a separate forum really a good idea? It seems the eigen community
> is pretty small. Wouldn't it be better to encourage traffic on this list
> instead of balkanizing discussion?
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Hi List,
>> We just opened a users forum here:
>> I'm trying to get people to use it for getting support with using
>> Eigen. Ideally we'd have a community of users able to help each
>> other... Until that's the case at least I am reading the forum and
>> will answer questions; that's far less time-consuming for me than
>> IRC (i'm easily distracted away from work).
>> Of course IRC and this mailing list continue as usual! The mailing
>> list is perfect for discussing eigen development, asking a licensing
>> question, reporting a bug, submitting a patch; IRC is great for a
>> friendly chat or a very interactive technical discussion, but we can't
>> always be online.