|Re: [eigen] New Eigen users forum!|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] New Eigen users forum!
- From: Kenneth Riddile <kfriddile@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:28:27 -0800 (PST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Message-ID; b=fhUk0+aWJaY5e9qd/PhdBuU74cPzuvGDw0fNoHU4r3ypdoFbb19HVkZtciLisX+5nGsoXB2wrB9/Nm+gLcFSTQTMJ+lt6lxLDs/meJh/ZtX77shLmDXjKc8YNLjsEzmb6AIu5K0dauPEHKCXZunGAFAQynDpTBhsbxW7W27VT/M=;
I actually prefer forums to mailing lists for persisted discussions. I would go so far as to suggest a development sub-forum for persisted development discussions, and still having IRC around for real-time collaboration. I don't see a mailing list being necessary, except maybe as an archive for existing discussions.
--- On Wed, 12/17/08, Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [eigen] New Eigen users forum!
> To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 3:11 PM
> Is having a separate forum really a good idea? It seems the
> eigen community
> is pretty small. Wouldn't it be better to encourage
> traffic on this list
> instead of balkanizing discussion?
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Benoit Jacob
> > Hi List,
> > We just opened a users forum here:
> > http://forum.kde.org/eigen-f-74.html
> > I'm trying to get people to use it for getting
> support with using
> > Eigen. Ideally we'd have a community of users able
> to help each
> > other... Until that's the case at least I am
> reading the forum and
> > will answer questions; that's far less
> time-consuming for me than
> > IRC (i'm easily distracted away from work).
> > Of course IRC and this mailing list continue as usual!
> The mailing
> > list is perfect for discussing eigen development,
> asking a licensing
> > question, reporting a bug, submitting a patch; IRC is
> great for a
> > friendly chat or a very interactive technical
> discussion, but we can't
> > always be online.
> > Cheers,
> > Benoit
> > ---