Re: [eigen] New Eigen users forum!

I wouldn't go that far, there are good reasons why most projects stick
with mailing lists for their own development discussions. Don't even
know where to start...
0) guarantee that everybody gets your message. the only way to
guarantee that with a forum is... email notifications!
1) ability to use my own favorite email software (or webmail) rather
than being forced to go to a specific website. Eigen development is
just more important to me than Eigen usage is to most Eigen users.
2) ability to have a local copy of email for offline usage
3) ability to CC people
etc....

no really i don't think that forums are as good as mailing lists for
development.

For user support the criteria become completely different...

2008/12/17 Kenneth Riddile <kfriddile@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I actually prefer forums to mailing lists for persisted discussions.  I would go so far as to suggest a development sub-forum for persisted development discussions, and still having IRC around for real-time collaboration.  I don't see a mailing list being necessary, except maybe as an archive for existing discussions.
>
> -Kenny Riddile

---