|Re: [eigen] What about HyperPlane ?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: "Benoît Jacob" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] What about HyperPlane ?
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:55:53 +0200
- Cc: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=UsJuo3nb0Y8EvWisXV/Bn/S5/e7qOMTKugortQTUS/8=; b=tD3ZqsLsZ6tFjvDgZlnNR9ieJ7+ckUt76KfhI1d3QXG49e/ZD+G84yac5MRma4VDiR Jvmtbt8wEbNsm7AY0pa64FQb9wKHzZwFlcCUNmL4avGTnLGiBfz3uPzt7cacMnr/4fSI spPDDWoAs5ygKp/ZaH5hKREK/Mn0dgLPQf8nQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=Ndw1hFLJbah1H0XDmCky2E5ZkYlbYv3zo4UMC/ydWEx4TH7tfztz4cyijGxnsuJ8aJ bVbTvbTRkC0rJp/aJrIDnMxz55Sb+clNpVp0abTEa1OrEA32p5FEr0PJ+CxZKQpklSZa YSvvDqF1BXS8BraTmFSuiHpez/oVE0bB244TU=
ah ! actually I'have some local changes which goes to the same
directions (I just commitetd them).
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - rename it to Hyperplane (it's just one word).
I did that too !
> - remove the default Dim=3 value
> - Line could become a subclass of Hyperplane adding specific methods like
> intersection() method and a constructor from 2 points.
yeah, so far I just removed the typedef since for 2D lines (actually
xD lines) it is better to have a parametrized
representation. actually I would not make Line inherits Hyperplane,
just have a separate small xD Line class.
> - add a small class parametrizedLine with two-way conversions with Line;
> rename rayInterstection() as an overloaded intersection() taking a
ok for rayInterstection => intersection, and see above, I think only a
"ParametrizedLine" is needed
> - rename distanceTo() ---> distance()
I don't care, so ok
> - rename project() as projection()
ok as well
> - replace set... methods by methods returning non-const references
> OK? If I do it I can at the same time make the Regression changes and port
go ahead !
PS to Benoit: I can generate the doc with only a "doxygen" but their
scripts are not flexible enough, it seems we can only control the
values of the Doxyfile at a "top level" directory such as koffice or
kdesupport (the Doxyfile is generated by their scripts) .... let wait
a bit maybe I'll find another trick..