Re: [eigen] Eigen appears to rock.

Quoting Konstantin Heil <konst.heil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi!

On Friday 22 August 2008 15:09:54 Gael Guennebaud wrote:
For instance, if I want the mid point m of two Points p1 and p2:
Point m = 0.5*(p1+p2);
would have to be written:
Point m = 0.5 * ((p1-Point::Zero()) + (p2-Point::Zero())) + Point::Zero();
which version is more confusing ?

Wow, this is very complicate. What's about
Point m = p1+0.5*(p2-p1);
This fits to the geometric immagination. Start on p1 and walk 0.5 the way from
p2 to p1. :)

Hm regardless of intuitiveness discussions... it remains that
         p1+0.5*(p2-p1)
is slower than (p1+p2)*0.5 so it would be very unfortunate to require our users to do that! Same thing with any approach based on converting back and forth between vector and point.