Re: [eigen] Eigen appears to rock.

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 8:07 AM,  <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hm regardless of intuitiveness discussions... it remains that
>         p1+0.5*(p2-p1)
> is slower than (p1+p2)*0.5 so it would be very unfortunate to require
> our users to do that! Same thing with any approach based on converting
> back and forth between vector and point.

Agreed.

The right solution is for me to base my Point class on your framework
because it works for me.  :^)

It seems too bad that there is no way to express in an efficient way
certain mathematical ideas, such as that two points in space have a
difference but no sum (as can be seen by the consideration of vectors
and points independent from their representation in a particular
coordinate system).

Thanks for your patience!

--
Thomas E. Vaughan

There are only two kinds of people; those who accept dogma and know it,
and those who accept dogma and don't know it. - G.K. Chesterton