Re: [casetta] Wake up

Florian Birée a écrit :
Hi,

Fabien ANDRE a écrit :
So now, Let's get organized with Trac :-) I think it is a good idea to have a Bug Tracking System/ Task management system as lots of things need to be done for the 0.4 release. About the repository, I think it is also a good idea to let it at tuxfamily.org because their server is faster ( and subversion is easier to use than bazaar ).

I disagree with the last point but... don't feed the troll :)
(Oh, and my Trac installation can also handle svn repository, but Casetta feel at home at tuxfamily.)

Could you provide me an access to the svn ? My tuxfamily login is .... (guess ...) xion345

Maybe, but TuxFamily say "Utilisateur Introuvable"...
Yes, I noticed that I could not log on tuxfamily.org. I subscribed some months ago and my account was apparently deleted.
Sorry to make you loose your time with an account that does not exist.
I subscribed another once and it mat be now possible to add me in the "casetta" group !

As I see it the main tasks are :
 * New organization of the code for transfers : http://dev.filyb.info/casetta/ticket/22
This is easy to do. I think this is the first thing we should do because it would ease

I agree.

* Full support for all G65 data
This is more complicated. I fully understood the way variables,matrices,lists and f-mem (everything is written on the raw data documentation page) work. However, the header of functions is still a mystery to me !

I haven't try to understand this yet. Sometimes, working on legacy formats may help to understand how data is stored (but don't try with the fxi).
OK, It is a good idea. I didn't think about that ! Understanding fxi is much more complicated than understanding raw data

And when I mean full g65 support, it's also (almost ?) full support of all g65 data in all supported formats.
Suporting plenty of formats is one of the main advantages of casetta.
Considering your work about g65 data, we can work as follow:
for all data:
    add classes
    add the transfer stuff
    add the cat support (usually easy)
    add the newcat support
And next, for all legacy format, we can add the support of all data.
Yes, It is logical. I am currently working on the two first points. For the others, I don't know if I will be able to help...

Common used function for a given data type (like functions in pictures.py) will be added when they will be useful.

For file formats, I want to begin by cat, because newcat is widely based on cat, and if possible, it's better to keep this (less code), and sometimes cat has some good ideas (but sometimes not).

According to you the windows installer is also important...

Not really for me... but for windows users. But I've always say I doesn't want to make more than the distutil setup, so it's not a priority of the project. Just an useful things, and because you've made some work on it, you'll make some people happy :)
I imagine a windows installer will not be so useful for you ! I said that because in Trac, the task has a "major" priority. But this is not a problem :-).
I will first work on support for raw data and transfer of all G65 data types and then I will try to make an installer.
Personally, I think that the distutils installer is too complicated because people have to install python first and a lot of libraries before then can actually install casetta. But it is definitely the easiest to make.

I must admit it I was about to give up. Anyway, I will try to make a simpler installer.
What is very difficult is to avoid some libraries common to casetta_cli and gasetta to be duplicated. Libglade problem can be considered as solved !
About the "source" of the installer, it will just be a NSIS script used to generate the installer and some py2exe files. I will also write a procedure to make an installer. I also agree to be the "official packager". The packages will be built on Windows XP because I have not enough money to buy a super calculator to run Vista !

Windows XP is already too fat for my qemu... So Windows Vista...
Don't even think about that !

Ok, I promise, from now, I will write comments on tickets rather than commentin then in e-mails !

:)

I am really interested in this "compatibility layer", could you say more about that ?

Yes, but not this night. I'll try to write the mail tomorrow.
Yes, It is not urgent. I think this feature is for casetta 0.5.

Good night,
Sorry to make you work late in the night !

Cheers,
--
Fabien ANDRE aka Xion345
Linux User #418689 -- fabien.andre.g@xxxxxxxxxx -- xion345@xxxxxxxxxxxxx