Re: [casetta] Wake up

Fabien ANDRE a écrit :
So now, Let's get organized with Trac :-) I think it is a good idea to have a Bug Tracking System/ Task management system as lots of things need to be done for the 0.4 release. About the repository, I think it is also a good idea to let it at tuxfamily.org because their server is faster ( and subversion is easier to use than bazaar ).

I disagree with the last point but... don't feed the troll :)
(Oh, and my Trac installation can also handle svn repository, but Casetta feel at home at tuxfamily.)

Could you provide me an access to the svn ? My tuxfamily login is .... (guess ...) xion345

Maybe, but TuxFamily say "Utilisateur Introuvable"...

As I see it the main tasks are :
* New organization of the code for transfers : http://dev.filyb.info/casetta/ticket/22 This is easy to do. I think this is the first thing we should do because it would ease

I agree.

* Full support for all G65 data
This is more complicated. I fully understood the way variables,matrices,lists and f-mem (everything is written on the raw data documentation page) work. However, the header of functions is still a mystery to me !

I haven't try to understand this yet. Sometimes, working on legacy formats may help to understand how data is stored (but don't try with the fxi).

And when I mean full g65 support, it's also (almost ?) full support of all g65 data in all supported formats.
Considering your work about g65 data, we can work as follow:
for all data:
	add classes
	add the transfer stuff
	add the cat support (usually easy)
	add the newcat support
And next, for all legacy format, we can add the support of all data.

Common used function for a given data type (like functions in pictures.py) will be added when they will be useful.

For file formats, I want to begin by cat, because newcat is widely based on cat, and if possible, it's better to keep this (less code), and sometimes cat has some good ideas (but sometimes not).

According to you the windows installer is also important...

Not really for me... but for windows users. But I've always say I doesn't want to make more than the distutil setup, so it's not a priority of the project. Just an useful things, and because you've made some work on it, you'll make some people happy :)

I must admit it I was about to give up. Anyway, I will try to make a simpler installer. What is very difficult is to avoid some libraries common to casetta_cli and gasetta to be duplicated. Libglade problem can be considered as solved ! About the "source" of the installer, it will just be a NSIS script used to generate the installer and some py2exe files. I will also write a procedure to make an installer. I also agree to be the "official packager". The packages will be built on Windows XP because I have not enough money to buy a super calculator to run Vista !

Windows XP is already too fat for my qemu... So Windows Vista...

Ok, I promise, from now, I will write comments on tickets rather than commentin then in e-mails !

:)

I am really interested in this "compatibility layer", could you say more about that ?

Yes, but not this night. I'll try to write the mail tomorrow.

Good night,
--
Thesa ~ Florian Birée
e-mail : florian@xxxxxxxxxx
Messagerie Instantanée Jabber/XMPP/Google Talk : florian.biree@xxxxxxxxx
Site web : http://florian.biree.name/
Carnet web : http://filyb.info/
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Florian Bir=C3=A9e
n;quoted-printable:Bir=C3=A9e;Florian
org;quoted-printable:Universit=C3=A9 Toulouse III : Paul Sabatier;Licence STS
adr:;;118, route de Narbonne;Toulouse Cedex 9;;31062;France
email;internet:florian@xxxxxxxxxx
title;quoted-printable:=C3=89tudiant
tel;fax:0959465803
tel;home:0954465803