Re: [casetta] Wake up

Florian Birée a écrit :
Dear Casetta user/developers,

Life is something bad for free software (and politic is the worst).
I'm sorry for the silence during the last month, but I'm back.

The development of Casetta 0.4 will start soon. Since I've Trac installed on my server, Casetta has a new bug tracker, hosted at http://dev.filyb.info/casetta
I've started to report all task of the project as ticket.
For the moment, the repository will stay at tuxfamily.

Points discussed for the casetta 0.4 roadmap are now tickets, we should write comments on it.

Current points:
 * New organization of the code for transfers : http://dev.filyb.info/casetta/ticket/22
 * New Windows installer : http://dev.filyb.info/casetta/ticket/6

Another important point we haven't discussed yet is how compatibility between casio models should be managed. I've some ideas on the question, and I'll write an email for that.

If you are interested to contribute more to Casetta, just ask me a svn account (send me your tuxfamily login).

Cheers,
Hello,

And now it is time to "Get up, Stand Up" :-) ! No problem about your silence !

So now, Let's get organized with Trac :-) I think it is a good idea to have a Bug Tracking System/ Task management system as lots of things need to be done for the 0.4 release. About the repository, I think it is also a good idea to let it at tuxfamily.org because their server is faster ( and subversion is easier to use than bazaar ). Could you provide me an access to the svn ? My tuxfamily login is .... (guess ....) xion345

As I see it the main tasks are :
 * New organization of the code for transfers : http://dev.filyb.info/casetta/ticket/22
This is easy to do. I think this is the first thing we should do because it would ease
I will try to do that before the end of this week.
* Full support for all G65 data
This is more complicated. I fully understood the way variables,matrices,lists and f-mem (everything is written on the raw data documentation page) work. However, the header of functions is still a mystery to me !

According to you the windows installer is also important... I must admit it I was about to give up. Anyway, I will try to make a simpler installer.
What is very difficult is to avoid some libraries common to casetta_cli and gasetta to be duplicated. Libglade problem can be considered as solved !
About the "source" of the installer, it will just be a NSIS script used to generate the installer and some py2exe files. I will also write a procedure to make an installer. I also agree to be the "official packager". The packages will be built on Windows XP because I have not enough money to buy a super calculator to run Vista !
Ok, I promise, from now, I will write comments on tickets rather than commentin then in e-mails !

I am really interested in this "compatibility layer", could you say more about that ?

Yours,
--
Fabien ANDRE aka Xion345
Linux User #418689 -- fabien.andre.g@xxxxxxxxxx -- xion345@xxxxxxxxxxxxx